Subject: [Leica] New Panasonic/Leica
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Apr 2 06:43:32 2006

The viewfinder is NOT suitable for manual focusing - but the live view
screen most definitely is, which has surprised me no end. But the SLR
viewfinder is not, IMHO 'ready for prime time,' and that will be true with
the Panasonic as well as the Olympus. In fact, the fact that both cameras
have the same small, dark SLR viewfinder, gives the E-330 with its swiveling
"live view" screen - and it's magnified "B" mode live screen, a very long,
strong leg up over the Panasonic, no matter how enamored one is of the idea
of an old-fashioned shutter speed dial and lens-based f stop adjustment.