Subject: [Leica] Going to make the leap to DSLR Question, Now Done Deal!
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 2 07:30:14 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query.  Yesterday i went out and after
some last minute indecision, I walked out with the Nikon D200 and a 18 - 200
DX/SWM/VR/EDIF Nikkor lens, What a Mouthfull of lens nomenclature!  Also
visited
Best Buy and got the new version of PS Elements with the RAW converter
functions, sorry SWMBO will not let me buy the full up PS.  ;-)  I figure
I'm doing
good getting her approval for the Nikon, of course I think it was guilt
after
she got a new mini-van last week. ;-)

Any way, Started reading the book, it will take me a month to figure out
what
settings to set to what options!  So for now i'm using Ted's philosophy,
KISS
and just start shooting!  Sure glad I have my M6 and R8 nearby to use as a
Safety Blanket if I get overwhelmed by all this menu setting stuff.  Darn, I
think it will even wash my car if I push the right button. ;-)  Will post
some
shots, after I figure out which way to point this thing. ;-)  Its raining
out
right now, so maybe some interesting rain pics in the making...

Gene

Replies: Reply from leica.list at dmason.net (David C. Mason) ([Leica] Going to make the leap to DSLR Question, Now Done Deal!)