Subject: [Leica] Getting off topic politically - an occupational hazard
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 2 15:08:37 2006

B. D. Colen said:

> My God! Isn't that Little Dilly, son
> of Millie and Willie Tilly? :-)
>
> But on a more serious note...it's not that there's little to talk about in
> terms of photography, it' that most people confuse gear chatter with talk
> about photography, and there's only so much you can say about gear..<<<<<

Hi B. D.,
Given the years we, I believe you and I must have at least a half dozen
years on the lug together or more, and even with "hot subjects" that come up
and some folks lose their cool and get ballistic over the subject or those
topics as "cold and as invigorating as road kill," this is the best meet and
greet people I can think of.

Quite frankly I've learned more about photography, lenses and technical
things than I ever would've in the real world face to face with other folks.

I've, it should read "We've," learn so much beyond photography that make us
better and more understanding people, we become far more educated of the
world and locally of our continents, hopefully wiser in the ways of life and
survival, that I can't understand why some folks get all bitchy assed about
drifting off topic. It's all a learning experience.

Hey we just learned the other day how the human eye works! It was a
wonderful post, informative and knowledgeable along with another post about
the idiocy of some security people about dealing with photographers. Live
with it!

I realize some folks are Leica enthusiasts who join and only want to talk
about Leica gear and the use, no problem we do look after it 99.9999999% of
the time.

And the strangest part about this is, some of us who've used some form and
numbers of Leica's for 50 years or more, we still learn something about that
wonderful picture taking machine. :-) Damn you just gotta love it no matter
how enthusiastic one feels about digital, just put an M of some nature in
your hand and it's like the first time putting your hand on a ... well use
your own imagination on this one! :-) But it just feels good! :-)

OFF or ON topic this is the best! The LUG forever!

ted

Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Getting off topic politically - an occupational hazard)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Getting off topic politically - an occupational hazard)