Subject: [Leica] PAW 13 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Apr 3 05:57:45 2006

Thanks Peter, David, Philippe, Ric and Nathan.

Peter, this is an area that was industrialized early (1600's). In
fact, there was a paper making operation that was in production
continuously for over 400 years until just last fall. It was still
making money, but not enough, I guess.

It is a stream, lakes up on the hills flow over in the spring when the
snow thaws and it turns into pure energy. This attracted factories and
workshops early on (mills, paper making). They had pretty intricate
methods of channeling the water into a building, using its force, and
then releasing it back down stream.

There's not much in the way of safety precautions like fences. You
wouldn't want to go there with an energetic 4-year-old.

It is a place I like to go. It is more or less right in the main part
of "M?lndal", walking distance from the train station. (M?lndal is, in
general, as exciting as Fresno or Bakersfield compared to San
Francisco or LA).

I am afraid Prague is going to get hit, Nathan. There's a lot of water
this year. You've seen the snow pictures I've been taking ... it all
melted in the course of one week. The streams and rivers are almost
over their banks, and we're just starting.

I'm glad you guys liked this. It really is my back yard. I'll go back
now and then to tell you more about the place.

Best,
Daniel