Subject: [Leica] why we photograph?
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Mon Apr 3 07:15:37 2006

Excellent question!

A. Photography fulfils various needs of mine - one, to allow me a creative
outlet - I can't paint or draw to save my life, but photography gives me the
opportunity to do something artistic. Two, because it's helped me to see
better - I enjoy the sights around me a lot more because I'm constantly
looking more critically, and I actually see more. And three, because it
allows me to fiddle with wonderful gadgets, and I'm very much a little boy
at heart. All three reasons add up to one thing - because I want to.

B. Whatever takes my fancy. Primarily objects and places, especially those
that stir whatever passes for my soul. Not people so much, partly because
I'm lousy at people pics, partly because I don't generally find pics of
people anything like as interesting as the people themselves.

C. Sometimes in an attempt to create art, sometimes to record the impact on
me, sometimes to give me an excuse to be in awesome places. Mostly because
that's what I enjoy - no, love.

Nick