Subject: [Leica] playing with my new toy
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Apr 3 15:12:07 2006

Douglas Herr said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] playing with my new toy

 > Thanks Richard.  Would you feel any different if I told you the second
bird, except for the near wingtip, is not in the plane of best focus?  I'll
admit to chimping this photo and to gasping when it popped up on the LCD.<<<

Doug being the "Master" you are in this field of photography I'd never bring
that to the attention of anyone! Period! Forget it! Put it out of your mind!
It doesn't exist.

Because if you don't and bring this up in conversation, every person looking
at this incredible photograph will always "look for it!" And not appreciate
it for what it is, an amazing wildlife moment captured in a life time!

Do you really think Ansel would point out that the "moon" wasn't sharp
because it wasn't quite on the same plain as earth? Not on your life and if
anyone brought it up he'd deny it or have some reason why it looked the way
it did. But he'd never say anything to besmirch the photograph.

Leave it alone son and never more bring it up!

Doug this is one you can be very lucky it's on digital being off as you say.
All you need is one of those super whiz bang Photoshop guys and both birds
will be as crispy sharp as you need!

One of the great things with digital is the "fixin'up" that can be done so
easily by folks who are masters at Photo-shopping! ;-) What's really amazing
is what they can do and you never know they've done it! :-)

Fear not, the bird shall be sharp! ;-) Or sharpened! Or whatever is needed!
:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] playing with my new toy)