Subject: [Leica] Rollei 40/2.8 Sonnar Lens in LTM
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Thu Apr 6 05:33:33 2006

GREG LORENZO wrote:

<gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
> Subject: [Leica] Rollei 40/2.8 Sonnar Lens in
> LTM
> To: LUG <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>
> I picked up a Rollei 40mm lens in LTM which
> arrived while I was out of town. Haven't shot a
> roll with it yet but I see it is labled as
> 'Made in Germany' (& not Japan). The build
> quality seems first rate (i.e. very Leica
> like). It comes in a green box with a hard
> leather case and Leica M Mount adapter. The
> lens includes a small built-in hood and front
> and rear lens cap.
>
> I believe Rollei made the mistake of assuming
> that any lens built for Leica cameras should
> sell for Leica prices.
>
> I find a modern lens in LTM a big advantage as
> I can use it on my LTM cameras. More to come
> when I get back a developed and scanned roll.

Greg,

This is a lovely lens.  I am sure you will be
happy.

I believe the lens barrel is by Cosina, the
elements by Carl Zeiss Oberkochen and the
assembling by Rollei in Germany, so it is "Made
in Germany".

So many 40mm to choose from now ... just select
your maximum aperture - Leica and Minolta f/2,
Rollei f/2.8, Cosina Voigtlander f/4!

Colin

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/blackberry