Subject: [Leica] Call to Prayer
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 6 08:29:55 2006

Tina Manley said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Call to Prayer
>> I could not bring myself to ask him to repeat
> the prayer for another photograph.  I just can't interfere without feeling
> guilty when I see a "staged" photo. :-(<<<

Hi Tina,
As it should be. We're either photojournalists catching the moments as they
happen in real life or "we're studio/actor/ model photographer's" who say.."
not bad , do it again a few more times" Breaking into the subjects thoughts.

To even have a thought of speaking to the father and asking him to repeat
would be blasphemy of the worst kind and I don't care what "great
photojournalist may have done it in the past" it's just plain wrong! Because
the photographer is breaking into a very personal moment for this father
with his child and setting-up a photo opportunity and not capturing it when
it happened..

Unfortunately today we have photographers who have no concept of their
subjects personal moments and break into a "personal quiet moment" with no
thought of what's going on. "hey do that again!"

Much like the dumb ass TV talking heads who ask the fellow who's house has
just burnt to the ground.. "So how do you feel after loosing your home and
belongings?"  Kill!

ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Call to Prayer)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Call to Prayer)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Call to Prayer)