Subject: [Leica] Vancouver Swap Meet and Lugger's Dinner
From: jcyleung8 at shaw.ca (Joe Leung)
Date: Thu Apr 6 09:47:32 2006

Hi, Bruce,

Thanks for the well wishes from Benelux. Chinese restaurants in general do
not rely on serving beverages as a large portion of their revenue. Also,
they don't carry a tall wine list. Therefore, most of them allow customers
to bring their own and, at the most, charge a nominal 'corkage'. Just as you
said, it's a very common practice in ex-British colonies. Here in Vancouver,
most restaurant proprietors came from Hong Kong. Hence, the tradition
continues. Good for us!

Cheers,

Joe L.