Subject: [Leica] Alternate Whispering - Editing help
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Apr 7 07:55:10 2006

PESO:

Well, 10 of you voted for the "Eye" focus:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/58280544 - 2nd photo posted
And 7 of you voted for the "Hand"
focus:  http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/58245275 - 1st photo posted
In spite of the fact that some of the "Eye" votes are from some of
the people whose opinions I respect the most, I'm going to have to go
with the "Hand" focus.  I agree with Jeffery that the father seems
more loving and is holding the baby more tenderly in the first one
posted.  And I agree with Philippe that the composition is better
that one, too.  The father's left eye is in focus in the first one so
maybe that will satisfy all of those who voted for having eyes in focus. ;-)

I enjoyed reading everybody's reasons and you gave me lots to think
about.  I can appreciate that this could be a generic photo of a
loving father and his newborn without any caption; but, for my
ulterior motives, I still think this photo needs a caption.  And that
gets into my belief that you can use photography to make a difference
in the world today.  Lots of good discussions on the lists lately!!

Thanks!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com