Subject: [Leica] eggleston
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Apr 7 17:23:36 2006

BD wrote:
>Jeeeeees, Phil - I was nice.:-)

My remark wasn't aimed at you, BD.  It just happened to be your message I
was reading when I decided to respond.  Eggleston is just one of those
artists that gets people's hackles up.  I no longer try to defend him.  It's
like trying to explain Thelonious Monk to your grandma.

The only other photo-celeb I know (slightly) is Joel Peter Witkin, because a
friend of mine works in his studio.  And he *really* gets people going.
They usually just think Bill is incompetent or fraudulent, but they think
Joel is the antichrist or something.  He's actually a religious Catholic,
believe it or not.  I'd include a link to his images but people find them so
offensive I'll just skip it.  Anyone interested can search in Google.
There's also a Wiki article under "Witkin."

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] eggleston)