Subject: [Leica] Re: I shot the wedding.....Long
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Mon Apr 10 07:34:11 2006

Frank,

Yes, the father of the groom just has to smile and say hello at the
rehearsal- you have no real job, drink up and keep to yourself how much this
is costing the father of the bride :)

That's great you were able to get some candids getting ready. I find it very
hard sometimes with getting ready shots of the groom/groomsmen because they
tend to be the least interested in a stranger taking photos of them. Most of
the time I'm lucky if I manage a good 10 minutes getting photos. Hey, were
guys, we like to drink - not take photos. :) If relatives are there taking
photos, they could care less. And if the guys are told to get ready 45
minutes before the photographer arrives, that means about 5 minutes for
official photos since at least one groomsmen has gone missing due to either
a lack of beer or food in the room. Or one case of one groomsmen just got
out of jail 3 hrs ago - true story.

I'm one those wedding photographers that encourage guests photos. Many times
family/guests are just too intimidated by my "big" cameras/lenses to take
any photos while I'm shooting. Many ask permission first as if they are
doing something wrong. The more guests taking photos, the more candids I can
get. And the couple notices that. If a guest gets in the way, it's just an
"accidental" bump and they move(they're drunk anyway).

Hope you captured some great moments.

Chris