Subject: [Leica] The Great Vancouver Get-Together
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Apr 11 18:25:26 2006

Peter Klein writes:

> The Pacific Northwest contingent of the LUG converged on Vancouver this
> weekend. The excuse was the Vancouver camera swap meet on Sunday
> morning. It gave us a reason get together with great company, eat great
> food, swap stories of varying degrees of veracity, and see how slow a
> shutter speed we could still hold steady after varying degrees of
> liquid refreshment.
>
> Here's my modest chronicle of the goings-on at Tom and Tuulikki's.
> And later, at a Chinese restaurant where we had a fantastic feast,
> ably planned and coordinated by Joe Leung.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album402
>
> Shot using Mark Davison's R-D1 (thanks for the test drive,
> Mark!)  Optics:  Mostly my 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH. The portraits of
> Greg Lorenzo's daughter Melissa were caught with Greg's Jupiter-3 50/1.5.

Hi Peter,

Joe did a great job of arranging for a superb meal at another Vancouver hot
spot. (I wonder if it is really possible to not have a perfect meal in
Vancouver?)

The semi-annual Lug Dinners that co-incide with the Vancouver Camera Show
and Swap Meet are always a wonderful chance to shake hands with friend's
from the List.

We really are a diverse group with Leica's in common. I wonder if Brian Reid
thought way back in the last century if this list would bring friendship to
so many strangers.

Thanks for taking and posting pictures of my most difficult subject (Melissa
as a teenager) as well as the rest of the Lug Gang!

Regards,

Greg