Subject: [Leica] Lympa Log update
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Apr 11 21:10:36 2006

Gary,

Thanks for the continuing updates, this is very interesting reading (I
am sure for Olympus too). I do have an answer to the question you pose:
why modern cameras have no thread for a screw-in release. Very simple:
the camera makers do not want you to buy that generic $5 cable release
hanging in the corner of the camera store; no, you are supposed to buy
the $79.95 electronic release made especially for your camera, and of
course not compatible with any other models. Pure marketing!

When I put my camera on a tripod, something which happens perhaps once
every 2 years, I just use the self-timer.

Nathan