Subject: [Leica] RUSSIAN KGB leica?"
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Apr 12 06:08:27 2006

Greg:

I'm sure you are right about historical rogues in general and those two
in particular. I would add several more "shooters" to the list though
including Harry Truman and LBJ. Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki ran
Harry's score over the top. Lyndon followed the French into Indochine
and stirred up a lot of trouble.

 As far as Rohm went, What had to be done allegedly caused Hitler quite
some grief. (Hell, now you've got me being an apologist for villains)
The German Imperial Army may have been an honorable pursuit but the SA
was not a group candystrippers. Rohm was, as I'm sure you know,  a
homosexual and allegedly that was verboten in the old corps. El Lobo
opted for the support of the military establishment which was decidedly
anti-SA.

For me, I can't escape the feeling history gets constantly rewritten in
accordance with the daily flavors. The winners are, it would seem,
always the good guys. All one has to do stop by the local Barnes and
Noble to reinforce this concept. We, ourselves, have quite a roguish
past in light of objective history, if such a thing exists.

Walt