Subject: [Leica] OT: a GOOD portable AM radio
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 10:07:55 2006

Adam,

I went on a search for a good AM radio, myself, a few years ago. After
checking a few AM-afficianado bulletin boards (yes, they existed) the GE
SuperRadio was the consensus choice. One guy, a really picky sort, said he
bought three of them before he got  one that he really liked. But, as he
pointed out, he could buy four or five of SuperRadios for the cost of a
single other brand's radio that wouldn't work as well on even on its best
day.

In other words, Adam, you have entered another nitpicker niche.

-Chris Lawson