Subject: [Leica] sharp ears & soft eyes! focusing tips? -
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 19:57:27 2006

In a message dated 4/10/2006 8:29:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
faneuil@gmail.com writes:
think my brain is edge seeking and the obvious edges are the side of the
head compared to background. I find it tough to lock in on eyes. I tried a
ground glass screen and that was a minimally helpful.

Eric,

Try using a microprism focusing screen on the R8 instead of the split image
focusing screen.  I always get the eyes right when I'm using the SL with its
microprism screen.

Gene