Subject: [Leica] One colourful - One not
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Apr 13 15:57:48 2006

Hi Doug,

It may be that I have too much to learn with scanning and image
handling but the Velvia slide of the rosella looks absolutely lovely
through my Leica 5x loupe.  There's so much detail in the feathers
and in the beak.  This scan is but a shadow of that slide, as is
usually the case of course.  In fact, it was mucking around with the
computer, the Konica Minolta software and Photoshop that made me
think during the week, "Boy oh boy, is this what happens when one
gives up the wonderful ease of slide shooting for digital?"

Is Velvia100 known as difficult to scan?

Rick.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] One colourful - One not)
Message from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] One colourful - One not)