Subject: [Leica] Hey B.D., what kind of B&W film do you like
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Apr 14 20:29:41 2006

Sonny:

Was always under the impression the B&W "color films" were just that,
color films without the layers. I've tried conversions on several good
color films ( in PS) and just doesn't quite look the same. The dye based
things seem a bit too smooth and even the current "silver Gelatin" stuff
(as they say in the artsy craftsy circles) doesn't seem to be as good.
Maybe I'm just prejudiced? Are you pleased with the resluts you get?

Walt