Subject: [Leica] Hushpuppies was Week 14
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Apr 15 16:15:50 2006

The first time I had hush-puppies was at a small restaurant in
Pascagoula, MS served with a starter of fresh shrimp and beside
generous serving of catfish. I think most of the boat there at least
once a week - fabulous food and probably totally evil for our veins -
certainly high in carbs but I think that deep friend food, when done
properly, doesn't carry along with it a lot of the fat it's cooked in.
Certainly there wasn't anything greasy about these - they live large
in my memory!

I also remember the places where you could get a pot of shrimp right
out of the boiler, tossed onto newspaper spread on the table. This was
in Mobile. Man.....whew. And marinated crab claws.....

Damn....that's the trouble with extended fasting - the memory of food
becomes soooooo vivid.

Adam

Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Week 14)
Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Hushpuppies was Week 14)