Subject: [Leica] Daily Dose of Spring LXIV Dogwood circle
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Apr 17 18:40:34 2006

Mads,
This is my third or fourth year of posting Spring pictures from the sunny
south.  Every year I use shots from that year.  Typically I get out two or
three evenings or mornings and burn through one to two rolls each time.  On
average I probably get two good shots per roll.  So no, I am not shooting
every day, but usually any given shot is only two to four days old when
posted.

Most shots this year have been shot with on topic equipment, but I must
admit that brand C's L telephoto zoom with a 500T close up lens has proven
to be very useful about 20% of the time.

As to the roots of the lens, with the exception of the new designs coming
out of Solms, most lenses are variations of lens designs first started
40-100 years ago.  The exception would be Zoom lenses which are still being
analysed for best design.  What matters is how the lens cuts film or sensors
and how you use it; which you did with panache.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com