Subject: [Leica] Van Camper, GPS etc.
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Apr 19 18:35:09 2006

Ah mobile kennel: I am the expert. We bought a TRAKKA for holidays with
the old sick dogs 4 years ago, and have just returned from a trip for 13
nights (our record with the dogs) to central Australia. We tend to use
caravan sites (a bit safer) but the van has a toilet and shower in it. I
find the best place to store film/leicas(OT)and computer gear is in the
drawers underneath the sofa/bed and therefore beneath the dogs: who would
mess with the pooch?

Other tips: small is best. We have a long wheel base VW transporter as the
underlying vehicle and it can park anywhere. Its not pop top, so the roof
is 2.6 meters tall restricting undercover parking. Take a small fridge and
freeze the meals, keep washing up to a minimum. Use campsite bbq's to
minimize smoke in the van. Only sleep with the dogs if its cold. Wash you
and dogs as often as possible and don't eat on the drivers seat: who wants
to sit in pie bits ;-)