Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya now camera repairs
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sat Apr 22 18:14:53 2006

My Leica D2h broke down during a wedding 2 weeks ago. Only by locking up the
mirror and seeing inside did I find out that a shutter blade had got stuck
and would not return.

Now with past experience I'm guessing if I was using a film camera I could
have opened up the back and carefully placed the stuck blade back in it's
place. Quick fix for the time being, but I would have been able to keep
shooting. Instead a $3000 camera was left useless for the next 4 hrs.

I know cameras break down, but that film door in the back used to make it
easier to see problems.

Chris