Subject: [Leica] Re:Bye Bye Mamiya
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 22 13:49:10 2006

In a message dated 4/22/2006 2:31:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bdcolen@comcast.net writes:

There's  something really interesting going on here, our little exchange
aside, that  occurred to me while thinking about Sonny's latest post, and
that is this -  most people on this list who are saying 'digital just isn't
there yet, I'm  not ready to make the move until blah blah blah,' have only
been dabbling  with digital - most with point and shoots, a few with good
cameras, but  without the kind of attention and commitment they give to
film.

---------------
Don't need no chill pills here, it is a laid back Saturday,  I  just kinda
get tired when you drag out your digital trumpet and let it  play taps for
film
every week or so.

I give an immense amount of attention to the picture, and it may have
escaped you that more than half of my posted pictures are with digital.
Even on
assignments, I tend to shoot both.  I really like the Pentax ist D  that I
have
been shooting for the past year.  It gives me high quality  results, and an
array of lens choices that easily  outstrips the  4/3rds. I have twelve
lenses
in the house, including an 85mm  f2 that makes  great shots.   My statement
was
not that digital is not there  yet.  I don't feel that way at all.

I do feel that so far, there is no digital camera that I am in love with
enough to abandon my film based cameras.  Since I am so far at least, not
totally at the end of the film era, I'll continue to ply those waters as
well as
the digital ones.  Total immersion in one or the other  is not  practical
nor do
I yearn for that state.

I would like to try the Oly with a hefty lens on it, but it still  doesn't
"fit" me, so no amount of "chill pills" will help  that  issue.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana