Subject: [Leica] PAW 16 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Apr 24 04:53:50 2006

Hi Don and thanks.

Yes, I would say that the Fomapan for 120 does result in thinner
negatives than I am used to. I might want to lower the EI a bit, but
I'm not sure yet.

I had been choosing darker backgrounds to help bring out a lighter
detail. And ... the shots
towards the end (rows 4 and 5) are Neopan. Those were developed in
Calbe R09 (ur-Rodinal) and they got pretty contrasty.

I also used Xtol 1:1 on one roll of Fomapan and there are no
recommended times for it. I am not really sure why. They have D76 and
D76 1:1 but not Xtol. So I just went with 33% more than the
recommended time for stock. There are two shots from this combination
(row 2) on Fomapan 400 (which I might actually like better than
Fomapan 200).

The stuff was cheap so I ordered a little over 100 rolls. That should
end up giving me a feel for it.

Thanks again,
Daniel