Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Apr 25 07:13:20 2006

B.D.
Correct, that is the current state of rumor mongering.  There are more than
one and less than 100 beta cameras out there since the first of the year or
so.  Initial reports are that it is doing a great job.  Same issues as on
any sensor, the old sensor well vignetting issue is being worked on.

On a personal view with absolutely no info to corroborate I think the camera
will relate to the existing M's in the same way that an M5 relates to the
old M's.  Traditionalists will absolutely hate the design, hate the sound of
the new shutter, hate whatever ergonomic changes occur due to a screen and
gasp! buttons.  But, for those of us who love rangefinders, it will be a
very useful tool.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com