Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Apr 27 07:43:23 2006

At 08:18 AM 4/27/06 +0200, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>That was my impression too. Sounds like the buildings simply are not
>insulated at all.
>
>Some three-pane windows, some insulation, keep a bit of a draft to let
>the house breathe, shouldn't cost _that_ much. It must be economically
>viable to make the renovations with that kind of heating bill.

Daniel

I live in a house built 110 years ago and located in an Historic District.
This means that we are not permitted to have storm doors or storm windows
and are restricted by physical realities from fully insulating the abode.
It is a magnificent pile!

My office, however, is fully insulated and has storm windows and has a much
lower heating bill.  It was built in 1909 but is NOT in the Historic
District:  I was on the committee which drafted the Ordinance and made
damned certain that my office building was outside of the District by a
block.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!