Subject: [Leica] 7-14 lens
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat Apr 29 15:49:58 2006

I collect old news service photos. Up to the 60's, the shots were
fairly standardized around the normal lens, either a 120 shot, or a
4x5 shot. The archives of the mid-60's to the 70's, however, are
replete with the photography of the 'young photographers'. A time
when Nikons ruled, with their wide lenses and extreme telephotos.
Japanese Manufactures were quick to develop a better grade of extreme
wide and telephoto lenses than that of the moribund Leica and Rollei
years. The lenses became too good, and eventually it was hard to
squeeze out a shot with an interpretive distortion.
It seems that the physics problems, that limit the manufacturing of
the new extreme zooms, has brought back the ability to shoot in the
mannerism of that earlier period.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center