Subject: [Leica] Speaking of cars...
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sat Apr 29 20:14:55 2006

Brian - Cars you love should be kept until their wheels fall off, as
we say in my family.  My brother and I both run our cars to the point
where restoration becomes the operative word, not repair.  I put
285,000 miles (and 15 years) on my 1986 Saab 900 before I finally had
to give it up to the rust.  I loved every minute I drove it despite
various annoying vibrations and noises, a girl friend who hated it,
and horrible yearly repair bills.

I still miss it.  My Acura RL is a wonderful, reliable car but I sure
don't love it the way I loved the Saab.

May you take the Phaeton to beyond the Moon, as I did with the Saab.  :-))

Dick