Subject: [Leica] 7-14 lens
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Apr 29 22:27:12 2006

>?I think that this site is a very good example of why NOT to use Flash.
>
>?I see the "Loading..." thing, it takes too many seconds for anything to
>appear, I click away.
>
>?Flash may be pretty but if you want as many viewers as possible, don't use
>it.

My point is that ANY time to load a web site is too long.

In today's instant gratification word, computer responses are expected to be
virtually instantaneous. (I am a software developer with ~30 yrs experience
so I know computers.) Of course they aren't always...

And not to mention that everyone has T1 or even DSL/cable connections. More
and more do but still not everyone.

I think that web response time needs to be considered when creating a site
and thought given to even the possibility that someone will click away
before a site is fully revealed.

I know that I am not alone in thinking that a blinking (or otherwise)

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 4/29/2006

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] 7-14 lens)