Subject: [Leica] More GT-40 shots
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed May 3 11:22:17 2006

Adam

Again, many, many thanks for these pictures. This roadster is supposedly one
of the estimated 6 or 7 preproduction GT prototypes. John S. Allen mentions
in his GT40 book that there is only one such intact prototype example with
the '65 nose left, the GT/108 (who has now two black stripes - not shure if
original). One GT got a new nose and wheels, others were dismantled, cut up,
rebuilt as coup? or used as spare parts donator, and one is said to "be
lost" (ehm, Mr. Shelby, could we search your back yard shed???)

If you have a better picture of his back I might find out whether this one
is the famous "108" white elefant, as he was the only one with a low tail
section.

The Phil Hill portrait is nice. With this rockabilly haircut he could fit a
Cad' convertible even better...

Didier

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] More GT-40 shots)