Subject: [Leica] Stanford pics
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon May 8 08:54:15 2006

The Stanford I knew was from the mid-60s when I used to ride my bike
around campus and later visiting friends who attended their Jr and Sr
years there. I always liked it - so totally Western as compared to the
East.

When my daughter had to have special attention we took her to what was
then known as Children's Hospital at Stanford - probably the most
wonderful hospital I have ever had reason to step into. They knew and
understood what children and their parents need. The place should be
sainted.

Over the course of the six years (maybe more?) she was seen there the
staff hardly changed. It later became the Lucille Packard Children's
Hospital. Between that and the Monterey Bay Aquarium I have never in a
million years felt badly about any piece of HP equipment I've ever
purchased.

Now the Sanford campus is more intensely urbanized and it's not nearly
the same place. But I can say the same about UC Davis as the core
becomes more cramped. At least there still aren't cars allowed in the
core and a zillion bikes still fly around although fewer, per capita,
than in years past.

Adam