Subject: [Leica] OT Photoshop help
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue May 9 11:26:56 2006

Gerry Walden <gwpics@googlemail.com> wrote:

>What is PSE3?

Photoshop Elements 3.0

> And are these from scans or from a digital camera. I
>have noticed that the latest version of ACR handls color from my
>camera better so it is also possible they have altered your color
>balance if this is a new download. Have you altered ANYTHING in what
>you do?

These are from the DMR.  I use ACR in PSE3 to convert to TIFF, then open the
TIFF file in PS6 for fine tuning, dust control.  Once the file leave PSE3 I
handle it exaclty as I handle scans.  Now that I think about it the first
few files I converted from RAW with ACR worked well but some *&%@ setting
has changed - how I do not know - and both PSE3 and PS6 change the colros
when converting to JPG.  For the record I'm not computer illiterate, I
program the *&@! things for a living.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com