Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed May 10 13:49:21 2006

I haven't yet read all the replies you've received already, but
I find the current 90/2.8 just right.  Right size and weight. Right
price (used, or new for that matter).  Don't have to carry an extra
shade in the bag. Plenty fast for most normal purposes. Tack sharp
with a very pleasing signature, including the OOF areas.

Prior to obtaining the 90/2.8, I favored the deservedly famous
Nikkor 105/2.5 AIS around f4 or f5.6 - I like alot of "unflattering"
detail and contrast in my "head and shoulders" type pics. The Leica
90/2.8 seems to deliver approx. the same detail and contrast wide open

Not the sexiest lens among your choices, but  a capable and pleasing
shooter.

Scott