Subject: [Leica] Readying images for the newspaper
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed May 10 19:21:07 2006

Adam,

I like to get a good wide range of tones. I then fine tune the image
for my paper.

Get it close to what you want, but leave them a little elbow room (a
little flat). It's easier for them to add contrast than to reduce it.

They have almost as much interest in it looking good in print as you do.

The whole process gets "personality" from all sorts of quarters (how
many beers the pressman had, , and no one knows how to adapt to it
better than the production people there.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies