Subject: [Leica] The secret behind Nathan's bikes
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed May 10 22:22:56 2006

Indeed I like Belgium, and I will be in Brussels again next week :-)

Actually, Belgium at this time of year combines bicycles and beer very
nicely. Any weekend morning you can see groups of wannabe Tour de France
types, many of them in their 50s and 60s, many with beer bellies almost
touching the frame, all wearing tight racing outfits (Lycra or whatever
it is), out and about in Flanders. By noon you find most of them on the
terraces of some small-town cafe, refuelling ;-)

I have never seen the cycle meter in Odense that Daniel showed. But one
piece of traffic furniture that is increasingly common in the centre of
Copenhagen is a time indicator on the pedestrian crossing, showing how
long the light will remain green and when it is red, how long you have
to wait until it turns green. Very handy.

Nathan