Subject: [Leica] What's the Best All-Around 50?
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu May 11 17:20:07 2006

I guess I'm relatively bokeh-tolerant. As long as it isn't distracting or
idiosyncratic, I'm happy with it. I have read posts from people who sold
their 50/1.5 Nokton because they couldn't stand the bokeh. I've seen some
bokeh that looks like solarization (remember when that was chic in about
1975?) and some that looks like out of focus crap under a microscope. That I
don't like. But it is something that do think about when looking for a lens.
I think that Ken Rockwell's shot of bad bokeh pretty well summarizes it in
one photo.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA