Subject: [Leica] Grossly OT: The Avengers!
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri May 12 12:15:10 2006

2006-05-11-17:52:46 Marc James Small:
> And what was the origin of the name, "Emma Peel"?  None of your folks will
> know, I suspect, but I thought I'd ask.  It's very sixtiers and rather
> stupid.

In this modern era, it's so easy to cheat on tests of general
knowledge.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Peel:

`The name Emma Peel was a play on the phrase "man appeal" ("m-appeal"),
 which summed up what the production team were looking for in their new
 lead.'

Message from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Grossly OT: The Avengers!)