Subject: [Leica] A walk in the woods.
From: leicaluvr at comcast.net (leicaluvr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 17 08:41:09 2006

I would imagine that the creek meandered since the benchmark was set there.
For trivia buffs, Northern CA references off the Mt. Diablo Base and
Meridian.  A friend told me that Mt. Diablo overlooks the largest land mass
next to Mt. Fuji, which is also why Ham Radio operators dream of putting a
repeater up there.  If you go into the little observation tower on top of
Mt. Diablo you can see the brass marker.  Property descriptions in deeds
reference it.

Tom Schofield

From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>