Subject: [Leica] BD slide show.
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu May 18 04:46:29 2006

On May 18, 2006, at 7:39 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

>  it is one of the most dreadfully
> overwritten pieces of drech ever published. None the less, it
> stands as a
> classic in the documentary pantheon.

And that's why it appealed to this teenager, so long ago!  We like
our prose purple when we are young and idealistic.  :-)

And, I really do think he wrote that particular book that way because
he wanted it to be experienced as a multi-media presentation.  In
fact, though it's been years since I read it, I recollect some
statement about reading it while sitting between two "hi-fi" speakers
playing Beethoven at full volume.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn