Subject: [Leica] Bokeh and quantification
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri May 19 09:03:36 2006

Walt Johnson <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

>It would seem the search for good bokeh should be confined to earlier
>lenses designed before computers took over?

Nope.  Numerous modern lenses show harsh bokeh.  For example from the photos
I've seen made with the modular APO-Telyts I'd have problems with their
bokeh, likewise several ED-Nikkors and long Canon L lenses - and one long
Pentax lens with its matched 1.4x extender shows bokeh almost like a mirror
lens.

> Another element of this bokeh
>discussion seems to be lost on many of us. I've never seen a strong
>image weakened by bad bokeh.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/acwo00.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento