Subject: [Leica] Henry Wessel, Leica Photographer, Uses Tr-X......Only
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sun May 21 15:02:56 2006

Robert--

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the article. Seemed to have less artsy
BS about it than many such stories.

I found a couple of statements personally interesting:

<You are not looking for something. You are open, receptive. At some
point you are in front of something that you cannot ignore.>

This is my favorite state for taking pictures, and maybe the reason I
find myself addicted to it. It's a sort of meditative state.

<One of Mr. Wessel's rules is to put his contact sheets away for a
year before deciding which images to print. "If you let some time go
by before considering work that you have done, you move toward a more
objective position in judging it," he said. "The pleasure of the
subjective, physical experience in the world is a more distant memory
and less influential.">

I certainly find myself looking at older images with a more detached
and objective(?) eye after time has passed without looking at them.
Picking a PAW today for a year or two ago might make and interesting
exercise.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies