Subject: [Leica] Author's permission
From: roy at detroitphotographic.com (Roy Feldman)
Date: Mon May 22 04:08:15 2006

  Quote use from author
      #5965 - 05/19/06 05:18 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply

I am working on a personal project, multimedia, along the lines of
those that appear on in BD's T series or MediaStorm in SoundSlides.
I want to retrace some of the steps of Ernest Hemingway, show pictures
of Hemingway haunts and have short selected passages from his books be
narrated on top of them.
This would be a flash presentation available freely on the web.
Does anyone have experence in getting permission for this sort of
thing from the (Hemingway's) publisher (Scribner). Is it given easily?
Any particular wording that would avoid being charged by them?
I don't plan on making a dime off this, just good fun.
Any advice

--
Roy Feldman

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Author's permission)