Subject: [Leica] 50 mm lenses
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Wed May 24 07:22:31 2006

Joseph Low <joelct@singnet.com.sg>

>            Lee - is the one with the radioactive element?

I picked up one of these lenses at the last Vancouver Camera Show and it
dates back to the early 1950's (serial number at home, but around 1,000,000).

The yellow glow visible in the front element is from radioactive thorium.
I've been meaning to shoot some slide film with it to see if the results are
actually visible on the slide.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann) ([Leica] 50 mm lenses)