Subject: [Leica] Times Square - Part 1
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed May 24 12:11:56 2006

Well, actually, Duffy Square, but only a New Yorker would know that.
Duffy Square is the other large traffic island to the North of Times
Square formed where Broadway crosses 7th Avenue.  It's named for
Father Patrick Duffy, a soldier-priest who ministered to the Times
Square area after the First World War.

Father Duffy standing tall:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/4_05A_0101_web

Sightseers taking the tour:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/4_29A_0125_web

Looking toward Times Square.  It was the first really warm day of
Spring and the crowds were out, but it was still possible to find
oases of relative calm.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/4_09A_0105_web

And, finally, the Hershey Building, a throwback to the 50's.   The
cup of cocoa steams and some of the signs twirl but no giant flashing
plasma screens, here - nice.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/4_35A_0131_web

The first three are presented essentially as they came out of the
camera.  The last one was perspective corrected in PS since I and to
tilt the camera back to image the entire set of signs.

M7 15mm Heliar Fuji Press 400.

I shot four rolls while I was in the Square, so more to come later in
the week.  The next set will focus on people.

Enjoy.  Comments encouraged as always.  Thanks.
--
Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Times Square - Part 1)