Subject: [Leica] re: 50mm lens and Crawdads Redux
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu May 25 15:14:49 2006

At 05:21 PM 5/25/06 -0400, Jeffery Smith wrote:
>We do suck the heads and eat the tails. But the sucking mostly gets the
stuff they were boiled in (which doesn't tend to attach itself to the tail
meat).

>My biggest offender re: the threads is a FED Elmar copy (collapsible)
50/3.5 with a serial number of 8439.
>--

Thanks, Jefferey.  This is probably a Prewar lens.  It should fit well on
an early FED body but will give you fits on a true LTM camera body.

I once had a 6.3/10cnm FED clone of the Berg-Elmar.  I stupidly sold it
after I had tested it, not recognizaing just how rare an itme this was.
Next time I score a lens like this, I'll allow Stan Tamarkin to dispose of
it for me!

Mac

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!