Subject: [Leica] re: M7 Jam
From: manolito at videotron.ca (manolito@videotron.ca)
Date: Fri May 26 07:51:55 2006

Eric Korenman wrote:

> Interesting - I think I jammed mine when I advanced while pressing
> slightly on the softie release.
>
> Could the softie be a potential problem facilitating pressing
> while advancing?

Indeed I also found that a Softie increased the chances of the
advance-release linkage getting fouled when shooting quickly. No good reason
why this should happen, but it did, with me, enough, and so now I have a
collection of unused Softies in various colours! A man has got to have a
hobby. The Leica M release is soft enough as it is, anyway.

But I think too the M7 on-off switch with release lock is not as elegantly
done as it should have been and, for that reason, I have given up on the M7
too. Last thing I want is a locked Leica shutter release button, and that
was happening, now and then, messing up the advantage of having AE on
demand. No problems whatsoever shooting with my unadorned MPs. KISS, as Ted
would say.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] re: M7 Jam)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] re: M7 Jam)