Subject: [Leica] M7 jam...
From: leica at cinemaminima.com (Austin Burbridge)
Date: Fri May 26 08:21:32 2006

Yes! I have had my Leica M6 film advance/shutter jam hopelessly on
TWO different occasions, once under warranty, and then again a year
later (out of warranty). Both times it was repaired by Leica USA.

The first time it had happened, I had used a self-timer, and I
thought that might have had something to do with it. After that I
never used the self-timer again ... but a year later, the thing
jammed again, locked up solid. Is this a common fault? I thought
these Leicas were supposed to be rugged.

The damnedest thing was that both times, it happened when I was on
vacation, at precisely the moments when I most wanted to have
photographs of the places I was visiting.

Regards,

A U S T I N ,

Austin Burbridge,

EXPOSE for Shadows/Develop for HIGHLIGHTS
http://cinemaminima.com/leica
Sprezzatura http://sprezzatura.editthispage.com/
flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sprezzatura/
Cinema Minima http://www.cinemaminima.com/