Subject: [Leica] scanning old Kodachromes
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun May 28 07:17:55 2006

Hoppy,
If your slide was stored in the dark then I would suspect little or no
change in the colors.  I could tell you a tale about some Ektachrome slides
that are about thirty years old and probably processed in the new to that
time washless E-6.  The only color really available is red/magenta.
Possibly why I switched to Fujichrome so long ago.

But color is such a personal decision.  We all see color differently.  I was
reminded of this when I was wandering through a bunch of Cezanne paintings
with their strange palatte for skin tones.  Did the color look to Cezanne
like skin tone?  How much impressionism was there?

Anyway, keep posting.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com