Subject: [Leica] Jeffery PAW 19 - nine months post-Katrina
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon May 29 08:20:06 2006

Where has the time gone? Hurricane season starts June 1 and it is May 29th!
Time to take one step back and look at the progress we've made in the
once-fashionable Lakeview area (prior home of Sonny Carter and Dennis
Couvillion). It's hard to believe that a hurricane hit this place just 9
months ago. You can see the steeple of my church on the distant right. The
space in the middle is what we call the "neutral ground", here on Canal
Blvd.

http://www.400tx.com/2006-19.html

When Bill Nelsch visited us last week, he was struck by how normal the city
looked. It looks fine as long as you don't leave the French Quarter. And
even there, Bill found lots of windows boarded up with plywood.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Jeffery PAW 19 - nine months post-Katrina)